We love the sweet things in life almost as much as we love our coffee. But the real magic happens when we combine the two, creating impossibly delicious drinks, much like a coffee milkshake.
However, we aren’t satisfied with just any frappé. Our kind of frappé is that which is extra strong. Super sweet but also strong enough to reanimate you- that kind of coffee milkshake. In this article we’re going to teach you how to make a super strong milkshake using our extra strength coffee.
Extra Strong Coffee Milkshake
The heart of this recipe, believe it or not, is powdered cocoa. Coffee, by itself, is not quite enough to create a powerful caffeinated drink. Cocoa not only enhances the flavor of coffee, but it also contains caffeine itself, making this milkshake even stronger than you thought it would be.
- 2 shots espresso or 60ml concentrated coffee.
- 300ml whole milk (you can also use coconut milk or cashew milk)
- 30 grams (2 tbsp) powdered cocoa, unsweetened
- 1 tbsp. Cane sugar
- Chocolate shavings (optional. You can substitute for chocolate chips)
- Liquid stevia or sugar syrup (It has to be in liquid form)
- In a blender, pour milk, sugar, and cocoa. Blend for about twenty seconds.
- Brew two shots of espresso (or, if you don’t have an espresso machine, about 60ml of concentrated coffee)
- Pour espresso in a tall glass.
- Pour the contents of the blender in the glass. Mix with a spoon.
- Use liquid stevia to taste until the drink is sweet enough for you.
- Sprinkle chocolate shavings on top.
This recipe is very receptive to other milkshake friendly ingredients. Things such as caramel or chocolate syrup, banana, whipped cream are all a good idea and will make for a good frappé
You can also pour the espresso in the blender and blend, but it won’t turn out as satisfying visually.
Cane sugar is recommended but not a must. You may also use brown sugar or even regular white sugar- but cane sugar is best because it has a naturally coffee-like flavor, thus enhancing the natural flavor of coffee, just like cocoa.